- Take care of yourself by having a good sleep and a good breakfast. For example, you might want to get nine or more hours of sleep. So if you wake up at 7:00 AM you want to go to bed before 10:00 PM.
- Do some stretches to get your body going and your mind starting to wake up the morning of the test.
Study Strategies/Steps for Any Test:
- Make sure you have all materials so you don’t need to get up to get your notebook or something during the test.*
- Write down your worries, questions, or concerns about the test before the test so you can focus on them and try to fix/answer them while you're studying instead of while taking the test.*
- Take a few deep breaths before starting and even during the test.*
- Review your first problem, talk out loud very quietly or whisper as you write down your problem. You can probably whisper your problem during the test but not loudly.
- While studying, after a couple of reviewed questions take a 10-15 minute break. NO TV OR ELECTRONICS.
- Review a little information again when you're about to go to bed.
- Get a good night sleep for the whole week so your brain will rest before the test. This helpful so you and your brain won’t stress out.*
- As well eat a healthy breakfast like eggs and fruit and no junk food.
- Also keep yourself hydrated during and before the test so you won’t get major headaches and it won’t stress you out. (Also, try not to spill the water because that would be really bad.)*
*= You can probably do these during the actual SBAC test.
Good luck and do your best at all times and don’t stress out! :)
Sources: Brain Topics: Brain Compatible Study Strategies by Lori Desautels