Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Body Systems by William and Brandon

~ From William ~

Screenshot 2017-06-04 at 11.20.02 AM.pngRecently at Leading Edge we started working on our body system projects the first step of this project is filling out a packet stating what body system your team wants and why. The different body systems you could choose were the Nervous, Circulatory, Muscular, Respiratory, Digestive, and Excretory systems. After you were assigned your body system you could start your handout and website. The handout had questions for the website and instructions for the activity. My team got the Circulatory system so for the activity we choose to have the class exercise and see if their heartbeat went faster after. Many of the other groups had us make 3D models for the activities and I really enjoyed it. For the website we had to make five pages of things having to do with our body system. And at least 10 interactive components such as videos, games, links etc.


I think my groups project was good but I liked other groups projects as well. I liked how instead of the Muscular system just doing questions they did a crossword and for their activity they did a working hand made entirely out of straws, string and tape. Also I liked the Respiratory systems model and how detailed their website was. In all this was one of my favorite projects in science and tech this year and I really enjoyed it.

~ From Brandon ~

Last week in Science & Tech, we were assigned a project about the body systems. I chose a team of 5 which included Pavansai, Mateo M, William, Nicholas, and me. We wanted to base our project about the Circulatory System because we wanted to know more about how our body worked. We were curious on what the Circulatory System was. Just like the other groups, they chose other body systems to learn about. We created a website that explained all about the Circulatory System. Here’s the link if you’d like to check it out: Circulatory System Website. We also had to make a handout which would be a list of activities for us to learn about the body system. Our group created a handout that had activities for people to learn about the circulatory system. It included activities such as running, jumping jacks, and curl-ups. Any activity that would involve getting your heart to beat faster.

Overall, I think this project was fun. My group and I learned a lot about the Circulatory System and how it works in our bodies.

1 comment: