Monday, April 23, 2018

Leading Edge Greek Olympics 2018 by Diego A.



The Greek Olympics was made in ancient greece, the people built the olympics to honor Zeus, the god of all gods and the sky. During the olympics people were not to allowed to bring their weapons because they were in a turce. All wars came to a stop during the games that were held every four years in August.

With the war being stopped the people were happy to enjoy the games and participate. They had chariot racing, boxing, wrestling, running, horse racing, the long jump, disk throwing, and spear throwing. Women could not attend the olympics but had a womens festival called Heraia to honor Hera the wife of Zeus.

On Wednesday I participated in the Greek Olympic Sports. I did the shot put where I threw a ball and I got 3rd place. I had fun participating in the Greek Olympics. I saw kids doing the disk throw, the jog-a-thon, and the shot put.



The experience I had during the Greek Olympics was good because I only participated in the shot put event. I also got to play with my friends as I watched my classmates in their events. I was on team Olympia and we beat team Sparta and Athens.

No comments:

Post a Comment