Friday, December 21, 2018

Indian Cultural Day 2018 by Zach

For Indian Cultural Day, we did some pretty cool stuff. First, we got to do Rangoli chalk art with
Some students wearing traditional clothing styles.
three partners while some people including me got to set-up our backdrops for the skits with Mrs. Meindl. We saw how to do some Rangoli art in Math class on Wednesday.

Then after the Rangoli, we all went into the NPR to get ready for the expression skit performance and Takio. Fourth period puppet show went first, then the 4th period dancing to Jai Ho. Their skit was really good and their dance was awesome. Then Mrs. Bibayoff’s two core class skits Demons in the Desert and Prince Five-Weapons and the Sticky-Haired Monsters. I was in Prince Five-Weapons. The skits for Core were for extra credit, and I really enjoyed doing them.


Up next were the skits and dances for 5th period expressions. Since that puppet show had a lot of people in it, the dance only had eight people in it but it was one of the best ones. Then after that, my period, 7th period had to do the dance and skit. I was performing in the skit and my role was Yama, the Hindu god of death. I really enjoyed doing the skit of Savitri and Satyavan in a puppet show. Then after our puppet show, 7th period did their dance to Jai Ho. All of the dances and the puppet shows were amazing! Then Takio performed a really good performance with their Japanese drums. And to top it all off, we got some delicious Indian food that parents provided for us. So all in all, Indian Cultural Day was awesome!


4 comments:

  1. Indian cultural day was super fun I had a lot of fun doing the puppet skit's. I hope that we do something like this again for another Culture since it was super awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Indian Cultural Day, it was really fun to participate in, also the food was great (*0*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked all the pictures you added and how you added information about Indian cultural day. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indian Cultural Day was super fun! I really enjoyed to the dances.Also, the food was great. I liked how you added the schedule of the indian cultural day. I also liked how you added that video at the end. Over all, I really liked your blog post!

    ReplyDelete