Thursday, February 6, 2020

Locke Field Trip by Kailani and Sambriddi

The whole sixth grade took a very fun field trip to Locke, California. The town of Locke was built in 1915. We went to a historic Chinatown where Chinese people used to live. One of the things they had there was an old schoolhouse where kids went to school for extra lessons. At this schoolhouse, kids would learn Chinese reading, Chinese calligraphy, art, etc. They also had different buildings such as a boarding house, gambling house, houses, etc. A few people actually still live in that town. There was also a church, restaurants, hotels, grocery stores, theaters, etc.



Another very fun thing about the ancient Chinatown was that we got to take a look inside of the exhibits that were there. For example, we went to a boarding house and got to take a look at the rooms that the Chinese stayed in during the 1900s. It was very fascinating to look at and see how the Chinese lived in those times. We also went to a gift shop where they had ancient Chinese artifacts and clothing you could purchase for great prices! We also saw statues of well known Chinese leaders like Confucius.



While we were there we took some amazing pictures just like some of these:

Being able to spend a day at Locke was an amazing experience for us. We got to look at so many amazing Chinese artifacts. We also got to learn how the Chinese people lived in the 1900s. It was overall a very fun experience!

22 comments:

  1. I liked how you added the nice pictures and how made it detailed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you made the writing so detailed. The pictures are amazing! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very detailed writing. I like how you used pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures you took were beautiful! I liked how you closed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the picture you guys used and the detail too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like those photos! I also like how you put in some history of the town when the Chinese people use to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures were very beautiful and I enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking inside the exhibits was also a fun thing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this blog post. Your picture are very good and the writing also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You wrote a very descriptive essay. I could easily understand everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the pictures you included! It really a good visual of Locke

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like all the pictures you put. And you put a lot of detail into the things you where talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice blog post that field trip was fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. The field trip was really fun. I like your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice job on your wonderful blog post! You explained the doc so well, I thought I was there experiencing it! Keep up the OUTSTANDING work...:):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this blog post is amazing. I really liked this field trip. This must of took you guys a while to do this. This blog was interesting to read. Have a Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The quality of this blog post is over 9000. Happy valentines day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your blog is really detailed! Have a Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your blog post was amazing! I like how you put so much detail into it. Happy late valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is Vallery. I went to Locke, CA on February 15 for a Chinese new year event. I saw the lion dancers, went to the Chinese Cultural Shop (?), and had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This feildtrip was really fun and i liked ho detailed this was.

    ReplyDelete