Monday, March 23, 2020

6th Grade Historian Journal Project by Akith

At the week two mark of Distance Learning, 6th graders started a journal to log in their own life updates and how they respond to COVID-19. They are asked also to record things they see or hear around them. They can also put a social media post they created, a picture or video they created, a picture or video they saw online, a playlist of songs to capture this time, a news report they have read, an artifact or document that shows how the event has affected their family: a grocery receipt, or an email from their teacher.

Students can add to the slideshow presentation once or twice a week. Students are also given some questions to answer if they can’t think of anything. For example, for my journal, I put in a picture of an empty IKEA parking lot because I saw that lot empty one day. I also recorded what my mom, her friends and I did to prepare and how we are keeping up with the news. I also mentioned how the past week and this one has been “crazy.”
^ This is my project ^

I really love this project personally because it is like a diary and I get to jot down my feelings about this virus and how I am dealing with it. Some things that I couldn’t put down on the journal is that I don’t like that we can’t go out and visit our friends or go to gatherings like parties. It is more boring at home now but at least I get to spend more time with my family. One other thing I like is that I can manage my time where I can do more work than needed for one day and I can use the rest of the next day to watch something. All in all staying home has a bunch of Pros and Cons.

No comments:

Post a Comment