Friday, March 16, 2018

Ancient Greece by Ryan





Ancient Greece is our 2nd to last ancient place we’re going to learn about. We have already learned a lot about ancient Greece. The main city states we learned about were Athens and Sparta. Athens was about the arts and trade, and there was not much war, but Sparta was all about war. The most fun thing we have done so far is the God posters. Jeff and I did Ares. Ares is the God of war and one of my favorite Greek Gods. We had many other Gods also. In our class, we had every son and daughter of Cronus. The main ones were Zeus, Athena, Hades, and Poseidon. We also had monsters, Medusa and the Minotaur. We are reading The Adventures of Ulysses and are making a map about the places Ulysses went to. The last thing we did in Core that is related to Ancient Greece is our myth books. We are working on the Murder in Athens mock trial and I think it will be fun!

In Expressions we made Greek urns. We had a paper version and drew pictures of daily life in ancient Greece. I drew a man with a horse. Our main project so far in Expressions was our myth video. I worked with Jeff and Yathin. We did Perseus vs. Medusa. I was Perseus, and Jeff was Medusa. We acted out the myth and got a 25/25. We also got to show our video in front of the class and everyone liked it. Our current project we’re doing right now is our weaving project. I’m almost done and I think it looks well. I am also looking forward to the Greek olympics!

So far ancient Greece is really fun. We did art projects, videos, and maps. I am very happy that we have more to come of ancient Greece. Hopefully everyone else and I learn more about ancient Greece and do well on the test!

No comments:

Post a Comment