Friday, November 9, 2018

We’ve got spirit, yes we do! We’ve got spirit! How ‘bout you? by Bailey



Last week I participated in my first Spirit Week in middle school. Each day we was assigned a theme and the core class with participating students received “spirit points.” The core class with the most spirit points at the end of the year receive some sort of prize. I was sure there would be tons of students that would participate during Spirit week.

On the first day of Spirit week, we wore our pajamas to school. My mother hates pajama day, but I love it. This seems like an easy day for me. I get up and don’t really have to get ready. Everyone must have felt the same because there were a lot of students in pajamas on Monday. It was fun to see so many students participating in this. I think it helped to see others showing school spirit because it made it more fun to continue the week in spirit wear. On Tuesday, we had “sports day.” Most students wore their team jersey. It seems like the most participation came from kids who already play a sport. This was especially true to the kids that play soccer. There were lots of soccer and baseball uniforms. Although I play a sport, I didn’t not wear my sports outfit because I swim. This was the only day I choose not to participate. I guess it would have been easy to just wear one of my mom’s jerseys.

Wednesday had the largest group of participation because it was Halloween. Students came in costumes. Although there were not a lot of homemade costumes, I thought the ones that were not store bought were the most creative. I really liked Sam’s costume as a wind up doll. Her hair was up in two buns and rosy cheeks like a doll. Her parents made a turn key that attached to her back. I came as a “she wolf.” I’m not big on wearing dresses, but it was fun because my friends all dressed up for Halloween. It definitely made it easier for me too.

My personal favorite spirit day was “Twin/squad” day. My friends Mariah Brooks and Maya Goodwin wore the same shirts, jeans and converse. I thought there would be more people who would coordinate with their friends and dress up for this day, but I hardly saw anyone else participate. However, Mrs. Leporiere really stepped it up by dressing like Mr. Shane. It was clever and fun. I would have liked to see other student participate more, but it’s ok, it was still my favorite.

Finally Friday was “class color” day. Six graders were supposed to wear white, seventh grader wore red and eighth grader wore black. Our six grade class had pretty good participation. This was an interesting day because it was the first time, you could see immediately which grade people were in. You also saw where the different classes hung out during lunches and breaks.

I was a little scared to participate in spirit week, but I'm glad I did. I think most of the students felt the same. I know I will be better prepared next year.

14 comments:

  1. I think you did fantastic. I have a question why did you like twin/squad day the most? And your blog looked pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Bailey , I liked your blog. So does your blog basically explain about our spirit week? And also, I do spirit weeks sometimes but not really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a very nice job on your blog. I really liked how you put a lot of effort and detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how you added a lot of detail. You did a great job on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Job Bailey,I liked how you described spirit.P.S. your pictures are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The spirit week was so much fun. I also participated in all of the days of the week. I also like the PJ day too.












    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the title, it's very creative. I also like the whole body text, it is very descriptive, if someone were to read this, they would probably understand our Spirit Week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the spirit week topic because it was really fun to see Ms.Leporiere dressed as Mr.Shane's twin brother. I also liked there being a competitive factor with the other classes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the title, it's very creative. I also like the whole body text, it is very descriptive, if someone were to read this, they would probably understand our Spirit Week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you did a really great job! You were really detailed!

    -Evan B

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you did great! I really liked spirit week and your blog but unfortunately, I only celebrated one of the spirit week. I feel like the same. I think twin/squad day was great because it was funny. Anyways, I still liked your blog that you posted ^_^.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like how you added much detail to tell how we represented Spirit Week. Also how you included pictures of you and your friends, to show what you worn, on some of the days.

    -Savannah Valenzuela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ya I agree with you spirit week was really nice. I like how you describe things in detail.Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spirit week was really fun. My favorite day was the Halloween costume day because we got to see what costumes everyone was wearing for Halloween. I also thought it was really funny seeing Mrs.Leporiere dress as Mr.Shane too. I liked how you participated a lot in the spirit week.
    -Aniruddh

    ReplyDelete