Friday, December 12, 2014

Indian Cultural Day! Hooray! Written By: Senara

Sixth graders have been speaking about Indian Cultural Day for the whole week. In our expressions period, everyone has been preparing for the day of indian culture. Yum, yum , yum!! Parents are also bringing in tasty indian food that we will all enjoy! We have been busy practicing Bollywood dances, planning a skit and a few other routines and fun. I have 7th period expressions and we have been busy making a Bollywood dance routine and doing a special skit. I have been helping with the skit and I have to say it was fun and funny! The skit is about how princess Sarasvati cheats her husband’s death. The people who are working on the Bollywood dance routine are also working on the choreography for the beginning and end of the dance. Indian Cultural Day is next Wednesday on 12/17/2014. All the 6th grade students will be performing their acts. Also on that Wednesday during Core we will be creating traditional indian rangoli designs. We have decided to do Indian Cultural Day because we are currently studying ancient India. Like other cultures, ancient India is very interesting and full of phenomenal beliefs, myths, and fables.  These are decorative designs made on floors of living rooms and ...

19 comments:

  1. India Day is going to be fun! Make sure to tell where your images are from to give their sources credit. ;) I can't wait to see how your play turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited about Indian Cultural Day too, Senara! I can't wait to try all the food and different cultural things on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited too! We can try the different food, see plays, and do Bollywood Dance. It is going to be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I'm super duper excited for inian cultural day! I hope I get to see some awesome indian things and food! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait, I hope I do well doing the dance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait, I hope I do good at the dance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SUPER excited for the Indian Cultural Day too!!!!!! I can't wait to see how everyone's dance/performance turns out!!! I am most excited for the food!!! Good luck everyone on your performance!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job! I want to go to India soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am excited for the indian cultural day i hope i get to see a lot of dancing, plays, and eat lots of indian food

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited because we are going to be dancing and eating. It is going to be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm excited for Indian cultural day. Your description makes me even more excited! I can't wait to try the food and all the events we will be doing on Wednesday. (Period 4 has the best dance. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am super excited to see your skit and for the whole rest of the fun day. Great job with your blog post, it really great and description.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome job Senara! I can't wait to dance and try new food!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am super excited to see your skit and for the whole rest of the day. Great job on your blog post, Senara. I really like it and how descriptive it is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice job Senara! way to be ahead of the game! I cant wait to perform now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome Job! I want to go to India when ever I can!! ^-^ Next time you go to India can you take me with you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. how do people make mondalus so fast?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am excited too! I can't wait to dance and try new food! Indian Cultural day will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am excited about Indian Culture day and good job on the blog

    ReplyDelete