Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Early Humans Museum by Delanie

This week we are doing an Early Humans Museum. You might be wondering what is that or is the museum real? Well in class (no it’s not real), we have been working on projects to represent early humans. As shown in the pictures below you can see that people/groups have modeled where certain early humans lived, what they looked like and tools they used. Each group had a different type of early human. There was Homo Erectus, Neanderthals, Homo Habilis, Australopithecus and we split Homo Sapiens into two groups because there was a lot. We were assigned to do three artifacts or objects based on your species. Then you had to do a little caption (didactic label) on what you did. For example, our group made an environment, tools, and a skull. We are going to be presenting our project for families, friends, and the school. I am very excited to present because I think that everyone did a great job. They really showed what their early humans looked like, what tools they used or where they lived.

While doing this project, I realized that because of the early humans we have everything that we have today. They invented tools, clothing, and houses. I also learned a fun fact: You are most likely related to the Neanderthals group. Personally, I thought that this project was fun because it really made each table and group come together to show their strength and their weaknesses. I think that it was a great chance to find what you're good at building, creating things out of clay, researching, and drawing. I also enjoyed this project because I learned a lot of new information about early humans and making the artifacts was really fun. I would suggest to others/teachers to do more things like this because this is the kind of stuff that makes learning fun. I hope in the future to do more stuff just like this!




No comments:

Post a Comment