Saturday, February 10, 2018

Locke Field Trip by Sarah


Foo Dog (photo by Sarah)
This week 6th grade went on a field trip to Locke. When we got there, we unloaded and ate lunch. Then, our first rotation was the Dai Loy Museum. When we went into the building there were many gambling tables and coins on them. The floor was sloped upwards because it was so old. Some of the other rooms had lottery machines and some had chests with clothes in them. Some of the coins were special and had Chinese engravings on them. Our next station was my favorite. We went to Ms.Midel’s photography area. I walked around and found some pretty plants and nature to take pictures of. I saw some cherry blossoms that were just blooming and were pink and white.

When we were done with photography, we took a break. Across the street was a gift shop with many foreign items. There were fans, food, terracotta soldier statues, and other knick-knacks. My favorite thing were the fans because they folded in very smoothly and had many different pretty patterns. When we were done at the store, we went to the boarding house. My group didn’t do much here because all we did was ask questions. We listened to someone that was talking about World War II and the Japanese in that time. On the second floor were some old beds and chests that people used back then. There was also a sign that talked about a plane that dropped bombs on other countries.

Locke Cherry Blossoms (photo by Sarah)
Our last stop was the schoolhouse. Inside were a handful of desks and a chalkboard at the front.The desks were old and wooden and seemed like they had been used many times before. Also, at the front of the room was an old piano that still made noise. It seemed very old because the keys were wearing away and some were broken.

After all of our stations, we gathered up and took group pictures. Our group talked about our favorite part of the trip and what we learned the most from. I said I liked the photography station the best because I learned more on how to capture lighting and get a better angle on things. After discussing, we got onto the bus and went back to school.

7 comments:

  1. Nice blog. I really like the pictures you put in. I wish I went to the field trip too but I didn't come to school that day so it might've been a fun day for you at the field trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you added such good pictures from locke it is like if locke was right on my screen and the description that you put in you post was so rich in vocublary thanks you for making my day and i am sure you have made more others days

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked your blog because you gave exact detail on what you did. I also enjoyed it because you added pictures that you took and told us what they were and put a description in the bottom. If i had not gone to the field trip and i were to look at this blog i would know exactly what i missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked your blog because you said everything we did. The pictures are also amazing. I liked how you put rich words. I loved your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your picture you did because It is super close to he picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your blog post about your time at Locke. I thought it was a fun field trip as well. I also loved the photos that you put into your post, they were very nice. Your description of the field trip almost made it seem like I was still there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like you photos and your witing,you did a wounderful jod. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY. YOU ARE AMAZING AND A GREAT WRITER!!!!!! You had a good description and detail I felt like I would want to again just by read you blog post.

    ReplyDelete