Friday, February 3, 2017

History Day by Adrian and Adriana

~From Adrian~


For the past two or three weeks we sixth graders have been working on a History day project. What we had to do was choose a leader who took a stand for society. For example some people did Mahatma Gandhi, or Martin Luther King Jr. For this project we also had the option to apply for the History Day exhibit where judges will look and choose a winner. However if you did not do extra credit you had to write a 200-300 word biography about your leader. You then had to write about what your leader took a stand for and how he did it. You also had to research many things about your leader, and with these sources you needed to make an annotated bibliography with MLA formating. For the project we also had to illustrate a poster of your leader, we mainly worked on it in expressions and it was very fun to do. My project was on Idi Amin, it took me very long to finish illustrating my project and making sure everything was right. For our illustration we also had to add a small phrase, and their name. This was a very big project so our core teachers gave us a lot of time and I am very grateful of it. Many people in my class did the competition option, they got a trifold and had many pictures, captions, and colors and it really turned out well. Doing this project helped a lot of people learn more about their leader, when I was researching I really learned a lot about my leader, and the past. I would say everyone who did this project took something with it and will keep it in them forever. This was a very interesting and fun project to do, I had a great time illustrating and researching.

~ From Ariana ~

The leader essays all turned out great! I am really surprised because many people decided to take the extra step and to the extra credit leader tri-fold for History Day. Mrs. Bibayoffs core class took a really cool step by adding animations to the leader posters, because she made us add a Chatterpix. My leader poster Chatterpix personally looks funny because my leader is Albert Einstein and he is a male and I did the voice other and you know it sounds really funny! The most popular leaders for the project were MLK and Gandhi. I think this is because there is a lot of information about them and they stood up for great things. Everyone picked a very interesting person to research on, such as: Katherine Johnson, Lucille Ball, Albert Einstein, Jackie Robinson, and many more! The people who took the extra step and competed on History Day, could have gotten the opportunity to win and compete in Inderkum High School in March.

I think the hardest part to the assignment was to learn what they really stood up for, because sometimes you don't really know right away. You need to research deeper into your leader, but that's how you learn things you didn't know before. This project was a great learning experience!

Here is some of the links to the chatter pics:


https://youtu.be/NRBhV1J0a6c


No comments:

Post a Comment