Thursday, February 28, 2019

Hiking in Marin by Aniruddh and Edric


On February 20-22, we went hiking with our groups. On February, 20, the Natomas Charter School arrived at Marin Headlands. We were first introduced to our groups and got our bunks. Soon after that, all of the groups headed to beach. As we went there, we talked about poison oak and played games. When we reached the beach, we saw a California Sea lion swimming west into the depths of the ocean. We played games and checked things off our list of birds, plants, and ocean animals. The first day went by quickly and it was already time to go back to our dorms.

On the second day of our field trip, we started hiking on steep rigid paths going up and down cliffs. There was a lot of ice plant that were growing in the area. The ice plant was brought to Marin Headlands by the army who thought it would help them. While we were hiking, we spotted a pod of dolphins swimming the water. After that, we saw Point Bonita lighthouse. The lighthouse was very old and had a suspension bridge that we had to cross to get there. The light in it would turn off and on every few seconds. We could also see a lighthouse near the Golden Gate Bridge that had a light that was flashing on and off. After that, we saw bunkers and head back the way we came. One of the groups, rolled in ice plant and another group did a space walk. A space walk is where we go on a trail and we each head on the trail thirty seconds after the person in front of us starts walking. After that, we finished our hike for the day and went back to our cabins.

On the third day, we didn’t hike as much. Some groups hiked on to the cliffs and saw a beautiful view of the ocean while eating lunch. Other groups went onto the beach and saw the release of a California Sea Lion. The Sea Lion was injured and was given care. A lot of hard work was given by the Marine Mammal center to help the Sea Lion get better and after all that, the Sea Lion was allowed to be sent back to the ocean. After that, all of the groups went to the campfire and talked about our highlights of the trip, said our goodbyes, and took the long bus ride home.

15 comments:

  1. I rally like your blog. I also enjoyed the hike and saw some of the cool things you saw. The hike was really fun I enjoyed doing the ice plant rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed how long your post was, and I am really happy to read the many descriptive adjectives. You guys did really well with the post, and didn´t miss a thing! If I hadn't gone, I could have just read this and I would feel even sadder that I had missed something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a really good job. I like all the detail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like how you added pictures. My favorite picture is the sea lion one I thought that was cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the picture you took of the ocean veiw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your blog, its very descriptive and I really like the picture you put in of the seal. That was really fun getting to see the seal get released back to the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the picture of the lighthouse it shows how beautiful nature can be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the picture you took and I was their when the seal was released.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like how you described a lot about the trip and not just about hiking. I also like the picture you added because that was one of my favorite parts of the trip. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your picture it is really cool and you weren't just thinking about hiking but every thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the sent-ace above is from jaxson aurich

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was there when they were releasing the seal back to the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked how in your blog post you payed a lot of attention to detail and what we did there. I also liked how you added a picture of the seal because watching the sea lion being released was one of my favorite parts.

    ReplyDelete