Thursday, December 19, 2019

Indian Cultural Day By: Madison C



Indian culture day is an amazing day that Leading Edge celebrates. There’s food, henna, dances and so much more. It’s an amazing day. Indian culture is mostly for 6th graders but 8th graders and some parents come too. Each Expressions class competes in a competition to see which class dances the best to the music (Jai-Ho) and Mrs. Meindl thinks 5th period Expressions will win. She was right, the 5th period dance was awesome!!

People got their henna done when they came to me and my friends bazaar station. People got to look at stations while it was their classes turn. There were a lot of cool bazaars, chess, fashion, Divali lamps, jewelry, Indus Vally artifacts and more. Everyone did a good job on their bazaar projects.



We got to go outside and do chalk where we drew our top two Rangoli designs. Then we went and drew them on our concrete squares. Everyone’s chalk design looked amazing! I have a lot of fun doing this with my group!


Taiko! Taiko did so good they were outstanding! I really enjoyed watching taiko with my friends. People were dancing to the music taiko was playing. I really enjoyed the drumming, they always do their best. After watching the performance there was Food... and a lot of people went and got Indian food.



I really enjoyed Indian Cultural Day! It was so fun I really had a good time. I will remember this day for a long time.


2 comments: