Friday, October 6, 2017

Chess by James


Every Friday, in Mrs. Meindl’s classroom, everyone plays chess. Sometimes, two people will play for fun, or two people will challenge each other to a competitive game. It is a chance, for some students, to have a break from the school day and relax. Or, for others, it is a chance to challenge their friends to a long, heated match. Almost everyone loves it. A lot of people probably didn’t even know how to play chess before Mrs. Meindl taught them. There are a lot of good chess players in class, and it is crazy to see how easily they beat you, but also fun. I think I’m speaking for everyone when I say that Mrs. Meindl is an amazing teacher, and that chess is an amazing part of her class.


Comments About Chess

Gage-”I love playing chess, just for the fun of it.”


L.J.-”It’s fun and intense.I like to play competitive games.


Shaine-”I like the game. It’s fun. I learned a lot.”


Yathin-”It’s fun, exciting, and it involves lots of strategy. Sometimes I try hard to win, or I just play for fun.”


Audrey-”It is glorious, but I like to draw while I play, because if I don’t, I get very bored. I mostly just play or fun. I don’t like when people scream a lot, though.”
1*KzOb6uvwqNwZQcTASNYIpA.png

9 comments:

  1. I like chess because fun and sometimes easy to win. At first I did not know how to play but then Ms.Meindl thawt us how to play. My faverit piece is Qween because it can move every where. What is your favrit piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this blog post i can tottaly understand you and i feel the same way when i walk into her room i feel happy and refreshed she is very kind and cool i feel the same way about chess to how you have to choose carefully and really think

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you wrote about chess. I personally love chess so I love what you wrote. Did you know that they first played chess in India? I love playing chess and I find it fun because it is a very relaxing and soft going game. What do you prefer, checkers or chess? I prefer chess because I find checkers a little more stressful than it needs to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think chess is an amazing game which is why I loved your blog post chess is fun relaxing and competitive game I want to get so good at chess that I can beat Mrs Meindl on my own this game is also fun in many ways but it will take to long for me to say those things so I am just going to say you made chess sound very interesting in your blog like a new games system keep up the good work James

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think chess is the best game ever. I really loved your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how you added feedback from other students. One thing I learned was it involves lots of strategic moves. I find chess to be really fun. Do you know what the shortest chess game is in the class?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your post! Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is very interesting and I also think chess is amazing and wonderful. I also like how you are very discriptive with putting quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like chess too and you did a good job of describing our class and asking people questions!

    ReplyDelete