Friday, October 20, 2017

Lawrence Hall of Science by Mari

Today was the day we went to the Lawrence Hall of Science. During this field trip, we got to do a variety of cool things. This included dissecting squid, learning about hydraulics and dry ice, and checking out some awesome exhibits.


The first thing we did was eat lunch. During lunch, we had time to play. There was a giant whale and a life-sized model of our DNA. We also had an opportunity to take photos of the amazing view.

Next, it was time to go to the labs. We got into our groups and went downstairs. I was put into Squid Dissection. We got to dissect a squid and learn how it survives.

The very last thing we did was look around in the exhibits. This included math, weather, and animals. My personal favorite was the animal area. There were lots of insects like butterflies, cockroaches, bees, and even walking sticks!


I had a great time at the Lawrence Hall of Science. I definitely think this is a field trip to remember. I think everyone will have an amazing time at the Lawrence Hall of Science.

13 comments:

  1. I like you added pictures to go with your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mari!
    You did an amazing job on the blog post! The field trip was pretty fun in my opinion too! Do you know where was the animal section? I didn't see it, if so can you tell me? Thanks! Dissecting a squid seems so fun, wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mari,
    I had so much fun at the Lawrence hall too. It was amazing dissecting a squid with you. I learned so many thing about squids that I didn't even know. Or didn't know they could do or how they did it. I was so happy when I found out we had a girl squid. Even though at the beginning we were a little disgusted by the squid, we stayed strong and cut it open. Personally, I liked the pictures and car ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought this was also a really fun field trip but, i didn't like dissecting because it made me throw up when i got home

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did such a great job describing the field trip I couldn't have done it better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked all the pictures you added! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job Mari, this was very well written and you took beautiful photos. I hoped everyone enjoyed their lab and learned a lot on this field trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did really good capturing photos of the Lawrence hall of science.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Lawrence Hall of Science was really fun! I really like how you put in some pictures to show how great it was. Nice job describing how great is was!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't agree more that this was a field trip to remember, my favorite part was the squid dissection. The view was truly amazing, I feel like you can see everything from up there. The weather was also really nice in my opinion. It was very breezy and cool. If we would of stayed longer, what would you want to do? (different lab, learn more about something, do more experiments, e.c.t.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to go again because it's so good. I like the blog you did. It is a quick interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked the museum too and also how come I didn't see the cockroaches?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had fun at the museum. The best part about the museum is the activities like fantastic gas. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete